Saturday, December 30, 2017

Exes (Valentines).© Tony Fallon 2/17/17 s.

Exes © Tony Fallon 2/17/17
So you have come here to cry
To let your bygones go by
To see if again we can be whole
After you have ripped apart my soul
After spending most of my pay
On gifts for you on Valentine’s Day
When I came to your pad ‘
You had gone out with another lad
I walked the lonely streets for hours
To a bag lady I gave your flowers
She gave me this incredible toothy smile
She said “Thank you sir I like your style
You know I used to walk here with a pram
But I lost my only son in Vietnam’’
Now here was a woman who was not irate
Why should I be upset with a broken date?
So there I decided I’d never be a friend
To anybody on whom I couldn’t depend
Your dream is of one day being a star
Mine of one day owning a second hand car
I’m like the turtle you’re like the hare
You will never stop running until you get there
Where you are going do you really know?
Is it Hollywood or a Broadway show?
You are not really mean or vicious
But your conduct leaves the other suspicious
You and I could only lead to bitter fights
You would always be tempted by city lights
You could be at home in Paris or Cannes
Surrounded by your adoring fans
The other night you treated me rather crass
I’m afraid the romance is over my little lass.


No comments:

Post a Comment