Sunday, December 24, 2017

In our garden© Tony Fallon.2/7/17.

In our garden© Tony Fallon.2/7/17.

In our garden, there are little things
With little feet and little wings
I also notice they have little eyes
And the wings they use to fly in the skies
Sometimes they hop around and around
And sometimes they make a pretty sound
I asked my father why they can’t use words
And my father said because they are birds
They are always there except when it rains
Our cat and I watch through the window panes
I think he would love to join them in play
Father says keep him in until they fly away
He gets excited and tries to jump through the glass
And falls flat on the floor on his big fat ass
Dad said in a few months they will be breeding
So he always buys seed to help with the feeding.
He said they also eat slugs and snails and ants
And other things that are bad for flowers and plants
I watch them all silently with a measure of glee
As they hop around on the branches of our tree
Birds are so beautiful there is no dispute
I could watch them forever they are so cute
Yet I have to admit I don’t like the big crows
But I miss them all on days when it snows
The one I love the most is the little wren
God, please protect him for me Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment