Sunday, December 24, 2017

February 12th.(C) Tony Fallon2017

February 12th.(C) Tony Fallon2017

I’m looking out the window at the snow
Happy that I have no urgent place to go
The heat is set at seventy and that is nice
There is no way I go out there on the ice.
As long as I keep up fairly high degrees
The water in the pipes will not freeze
Outside the mean north wind is blowing
The snow gives no hint that it’s slowing
I’m holed up with a bottle and I’m content
The electric bill is paid and so is the rent
I have cake and cookies wrapped in foil
Yesterday I bought a tank of heating oil
I could hold out for a week I’m not scared
You can see yourself I’m well prepared
The fridge has food I don’t have to cook
And I can talk to my friends on Face book
Close friends, I can call on my smart phone
I’m not the least bit scared of living alone.
Still, I wish you were here and not far away 
I’m going to miss you on Valentine’s Day.
I often think about you alone in my room
I hope you’ll be back before the roses bloom
Top of Form
Bottom of Form


No comments:

Post a Comment