Sunday, December 24, 2017

Regrets© Tony Fallon 2017

Regrets© Tony Fallon 2017


At 16 years of age in Ireland, I learned to drive a car
I still haven’t learned how to play the banjo or guitar
Not learning one or the other was a big mistake
And at 3 o'clock in the morning, I’m often awake
If I could play even a little I know I’d be all the rage
And sing with Peter McKiernan on the Blackthorne stage
I’d sing that great song about the town I love so well
And do the Saturday night skit about the cowbell
And then when they would request that I sing another
I knock them dead with my rendition of Sylvia’s Mother
I have a song about Tommy Goodwin which I did compose
An another very funny one about a Knockcroghery Rose
Every time that Mary Gibbons see me I’m treated like a VIP
She’d surely let me sing The Wild Rover along with Frankie Lee
But without a guitar, I’m not ready for the bright lights
So I‘ll just keep singing in the Shamrock on Friday nights.
I could also go to Gavin’s on the hill and do a little croonin’
I’m always welcome there when they have Paddy Noonan
I have never even thought about singing on my own show
About my first trip to East Durham at least fifty years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment