Tuesday, December 26, 2017

The Flashlight © Tony Fallon 081217 .

The Flashlight © Tony Fallon 081217

I own a hardware store and it’s not the best of times
I sell locks hinges and buzzers bells and chimes
A man asked for a flashlight I asked him what kind
He said if I showed him everything he certainly wouldn’t mind
I first showed the aluminum model used by the police
He said that was far too heavy would I have a lighter piece
The next one I showed him was plastic that was too fat
I began to think this man was Loony and talking thru his hat
I showed him the one battery model he said he wanted two
I was beginning to believe this man didn’t have a clue
He didn’t like the regular bulb now he said that instead
He’d like to have the newest kind the one they call led.
So I showed him the one he wanted which was very bright

He said it was too expensive so I bade him good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment