Sunday, December 24, 2017

Wish © Tony Fallon 1/16/17

Wish © Tony Fallon 1/16/17

I wish I had someone to love me to cook my breakfast and dinner
I’ve been alone for so long I should be getting thinner and thinner
But instead of getting thinner I seem to be putting on weight
I just can’t understand it I don’t put a big pile of food on my plate
Sausages and bacon may be part of our Irish tradition
But my friend Joan preaches against them for total lack of nutrition
She said in the morning I should be eating grain foods high in bran
And to stay far away from things that are fried in grease in a pan
Each morning I put loads of syrup on my pancakes and toast
When I go to the butcher I tell him I want plenty of fat on my roast
She said I should read labels for calories and other important facts
And try and eat apples and bananas instead of high salty snacks
Sure I never look at the labels I don’t pay that much attention
But she says if you eat salt it could give you hypertension
She recommends Lettuce and cabbage and everything green
Be incorporated into my afternoon and evening eating routine
She said I should drink water daily not less than two whole quarts
It really didn’t matter whether it was domestic or it was imports
I’m really a devil for sugary doughnuts and I love all kinds of pies
And when I go to McDonald's I put loads of ketchup on my fries
When I go to local Italians on my calzones I always get cheese
And I really pig out on the duck sauce whenever I order Chinese
One of my favorite places is wherever they have big free buffets
With plenty of chicken and sandwiches with loads of mayonnaise
I do like peppermint ice cream every week I have five or six cones
And whenever I go to an Irish store I buy soda bread and scones
Who could leave without buying some jams or marmalade in jars?
A box of Jacob's assorted cookies or a few chocolate bars
So that's the end of my story and how things are here in the States
Before I head off to bed I'll wash up the cups saucers and plates.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form


No comments:

Post a Comment