Saturday, December 23, 2017

Can I change© Tony Fallon 090217

Can I change© Tony Fallon 090217

Can I change the world or better still can we?
Will it be much better when we are set free?
Will we leave a better world behind?
Will people say about us we were kind?
Will they say we were happy that we often smiled?
That we were nice to both animal and child?
Will they say we always picked up our litter?
Will they say we were never cross or bitter?
Will they say on us you could depend?
That we were ready to help a foe or friend?
Will they say of our neighbors we never gabbed?
That our friends in the back were never stabbed?
Will they say we never lied or cheated?
Will they say we were neither proud nor conceited?
As we get older our pains and aches increase
And the friends we knew slowly starts to decrease
When I die I don’t want to die in May
Because nobody may show up if it’s a rainy day.
 Global warming is beyond my domain
But maybe responsible for the storms and rain
I certainly don’t have the education
To point out this to the administration



No comments:

Post a Comment